|Early morning - Leaving Quadra Island for Campbell River, then south towards Comox and the BC Ferries ride to Powell River on the Sunshine Coast.|
|The BC Ferries ride from the Powell River Side to Earl's Cove - The Pender Harbour/Sechelt/Gibson's Landing side of the Sunshine Coast. Many more motorcyclists were on board for this cruise.|
|My personal favourite ferries ride - to Earl's Cove and Pender Harbour.|
|A beautiful coastal 'tug style' yacht in Garden Bay @ Pender Harbour.|
|The float plane is there every time we have come through here.|
|Near the boat launch @ Garden Bay. Note the palm tree?|
|These hand crafted row boats looked so nice tied up to the dock.|
|Gibson's Landing - This restaurant was made famous during the many years when the CBC-TV series, 'The Beachcombers', was filmed here on the Sunshine Coast.|
|Approaching the ferries terminal @ Langdale, Sunshine Coast.|
|From the deck of our ferries boat, The Boathouse Restaurant @ Horseshoe Bay.|
|The ferries boat that took us into Horseshoe Bay.|
|One of the new generation BC Ferries.|
Final thoughts about the motorcycle ride:
- Weather: OK...but not hot. No rain...and very little sun.
- Highways: Great roads, other than the gravel prepped roads (for paving) on Cortez Island
- BC Ferries: No complaints. On time service, reasonable food on board and a friendly staff.
- Accommodations: Tsa Kwa Luten Lodge @ Cape Mudge on Quadra Island did not disappoint. Most accommodating staff, wonderful dining, great location.
- Riding Partners: Wonderful
Thanks for dropping in.